SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Highly organized political professional with exceptional research, writing and analytical skills
• 20 years of public service working with government, nonprofits and political candidates
• Proven capacity to handle confidential and time-sensitive documents and materials
• Ability to multitask and adapt to changing work priorities and environments
• Adept at communications with people from diverse cultural backgrounds and age groups
• Proficient in database organization, computer maintenance and computer software
• Content: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Outlook)
• Database: Filemaker Pro, Microsoft Access and Excel
• Legal: Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, OCLC, various legal internet databases
• Additional: Adobe Acrobat, OmniPage, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Adobe Photoshop
San Francisco State University
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 1992
Political Reporting Specialist
Nielsen Merksamer Parrinello Gross & Leoni
San Rafael, CA 2013
• Provided daily bookkeeping services and preparation of lobby and campaign disclosure reports for national client base.
• Extensive research, filing and archiving of multi-jurisdictional reports.
• Developed and maintained client relations
Technology/Political Outreach Director
Susan Adams for Congress
San Rafael, CA 2011-2012
• Developed and maintained online campaign presence including website and social media.
• Maintained candidate’s schedule and performed political outreach
• Participated in overall campaign strategy
Susan Adams for Supervisor
San Rafael, CA 2010
• Developed and implemented master campaign field plan involving precinct walking, phonebanking, leafleting and poll watching.
• Created targeted walk lists by precinct used for phonebanking, GOTV and poll-watching
• Candidate won reelection 53-47% against and well-known and well-financed opponent.
Sausalito, CA 2008-2009
• Managed day-to-day print operation from pre-production to quality check stages in graphic design, layout and creation of signs, banners, brochures and booklets.
• Utilized numerous software programs including Adobe Photoshop, PageMaker and Illustrator; OmniPage and Adobe Acrobat.
Michael Brennan for Congress
Portland, ME 2007
• Created and maintained campaign database and website for fundraising and outreach efforts.
• Performed day-to-day management of technology, including website and social media
• Developed relations with local and state media and orchestrated press conferences
Joe Brannigan for Maine State Senate
Portland, ME 2006
• Performed day-to-day management of successful State Senate campaign
• Led extensive mail program and assisted in formation of public relations and campaign strategy
• Developed and maintained relations with elected officials, interest groups and supporters.
Service Employees International Union Local 707
Santa Rosa, CA 2003-2004
• Negotiated contracts for 1300 In-Home Care workers and 1300 County employees
• Managed grievances, disciplinary actions and appeals to boards and commissions
• Maintained communication with membership and conducted research on issues
City of Ukiah
Ukiah, CA 2002-2004
• Represented the City on the Mendocino Transportation Authority and the Northern California Power Agency.
• Lobbied in Washington DC for wastewater treatment plant upgrade funding.
• Maintained website and blog for outreach to community.
Bob Jehn for State Assembly
Cloverdale, CA 2002
• Managed all facets of $300,000 political campaign including coordination of media consultants, fundraising and volunteer efforts
• Developed fundraising events, press conferences and voter outreach
• Implemented and maintained campaign internet strategy and website
County of Mendocino Information Services
Ukiah, CA 2001-2003
• Developed and maintained training curriculum and directed computer training of county staff
• Provided technical assistance and support for hardware maintenance, repair and upgrades
San Francisco State University Library
San Francisco, CA 1998-2000
• Directed the borrowing operation for interlibrary loan, assisting patrons in obtaining difficult-to-find materials
• Researched and acquired books and articles from other institutions
Research Director, Northern California 1996
California Democratic Party
San Francisco, CA 1996
• Led research effort in Northern California for 1996 Presidential campaign
• Researched and drafted background memos on issues of importance in ten targeted regions
• Compiled and maintained database of Northern California media outlets
Representative Dan Hamburg
Washington, DC 1993-1995
• Provided research and analysis, drafted reports/memos and tracked legislation
• Developed and maintained relations with local and federal government, constituent groups, labor unions, and congressional staffs.
• Drafted press releases and responded to media and constituent inquiries